Saturday, September 24

Grammar Police


Salam and Hi all.

I hope you are doing well.

Lemme straight to the point.

English is not our native language, isn't it?

Few grammatical flaws would be okay if your reader/listener have the meaning of what you're saying - unless you're dealing with essay, formal speeches etc.

Well sometimes there is insufferable grammar people. I would like to call them grammar police.

For me as a blogger, I think when your meaning is understood, perfect grammar isn't necessary. But, but it is important to keep it to a minimum. Minimum!
I'm not saying about writing an essay or any formal thingy. I'm saying about blog post to be clear.

I always find errors when I read my published blog post - to be honest.
I swear sometimes I'm so lazy to correct it immediately. So I just leave it tho, I realized the mistakes I made.
Yes my grammar might not be perfect.

I always wanted you to get and focus on what I want to deliver - the message not about the grammar.
If you want to focus on my grammar, would you give a paper and let me write an essay?


No offense and I really don't care -,-

What you should do if someone corrects your grammar on your blog post:
(1)   Correct your text.
(2)   Thanks them and leave it.

You don't even have to apologize in advance for your grammar imperfections.

It's not about you tho, it's all about grammar police who is the real fan of English I think - so just chill and make the change.
Life is too short to be sad.

No one will assume you're dumb anyway.

Remember this: if someone want to help you improve your English, they will be showing you the errors but not in public. Not in public.
Yes your grammar can be polished by grammar police btw.
Otherwise, they just can't see any incorrect things because they are perfect - not like you! Ahaks!

Keep growing and learning - be confident!

Bye y'all.

31 comments:

Hana Kwon said...

yupppp im strongly agree with you! at least they understand what we're saying.

Wani Sukarno said...

singgah sini,,, tq dik follow kakak ya.. absolutely you are right.. 2 thumbs up !!

Azey Ariez said...

You speak my mind babe. You're totally right.

My grammar pun amatla tak okey but still, i love to speak and blogging in english even in bahasa rojak hahaha. But those grammar freak always trying to ruin my mood 😂 thanks to them, now i'm tryin to improve my grammar 💪

Myra Azraff said...

oh grammar nazis ... it's okay asalkan orang faham apa yang kita cuba sampaikan. asalkan tak jadi dak2 wicet aahahahaha :D

Noor Maizan said...

I admire your skill in writing English blog post. Kalau kite nak tulis english sekerat je terus jammed. Hahaha.

Ahmad Hasif said...

sbb tu guna bahasa melayu je senang.. haha.. nk guna english pun bila content tu mcm untuk semua reader like some tutorials.. btw keep writing yer..

Aisya사쿠라♥ said...

betul tu, confidence penting!
I'm one of those ppl yang easily disturbed dengan grammar orang lain lol but I tak tegur pun sebab bukannya essay exam. Bila bila boleh improve

hazwani yusof said...

omg, I love this kind of people yang understanding whenever my grammar berterabur. haha.

Mas said...

haha..x jumpe lg polis grammer tu..i like to see!bleh la tlng semak essy english kt blog post.hihi.

ayunie ramli said...

who said that? who said that ? ish ish.. dont be a police and doing traffic light here laaaa. dont think you are better in english.

hahha

so, do they wish we to spell and say it in a proper way? I dont give a damn for them :)

paham tak? rase english terror la tu dik. biasa la ..

Irda Garmin said...

akak irda ni lagi la..dah lah grammar tunggang,eja pun salah,sebab tu ngaku english tak pernah dapat A...but im speaker in english ..hahaha sometimes laa..tp untuk product bank je..alaa bende hari2 cakap boleh ler..but i love reading your blog,,so boleh imrpove my engliss too,keep on writing dear

kimmy said...

Since we're not native English speakers, I think no one can expect our grammar to be flawless, but we can surely try to improve. Let's keep on reading English books and watch English films. We may not be able to speak perfectly but we don't need to, I guess. We're Asians after all. As long as we can express ourselves.

kimmy said...

Since we're not native English speakers, I think no one can expect our English to be flawless, but we can surely try to improve. So, let's keep on reading English books and watching English films. We may not be able to speak English perfect, but we don't have to, I guess. We are Asians after all. As long as we can express ourselves.

tashira z said...

haha belum pernah jumpa lagi dgn org yg mcm tu. thats why sy lebih prefer guna bahasa rojak cause you know my grammar sucks haha luls

Zizie Zack said...

i still can accept if there is any grammar mistake coz my grammar kinda suck. but i can't afford for misspelling.. coz there is redline if the spelling is incorrect.

Fatin Nabila Zainal said...

So true babe, so true!!

Eyqa Zq said...

Yeah! thats the spirit! Im manglish and using broken english everywhere. lil do they know, im growing cool and better. lols.

Maman Reen said...

Bagus juga sebenarnya blog in English. Sebab orang luar yang tak tahu bahasa Malayu boleh baca dan peluang yang bagus untuk dapat pageview yang banyak.

ILA shafila said...

Good post

Cik Yaya said...

salam..
yup..just correct and thanks to them..
there no need to be sad or angry etc about it..
we're learn everyday even bout small thing.no one perfect.rite.
^_^

BudakVanilla said...

my grammar is really suck. and i'm still learning.
but, i'll always welcome anybody who would dare to correct my grammatical error. :D

Absract Conference said...

baca faham..tulis tak pandai hihi

nadhie wueen said...

Yup! Totally agree. Not in public kan? But who cares? Just chill, correct your text and let em be :)

nurul rasya said...

It's because we suck that we keep writing in English, right? That's the way of getting better in something, not just English

Syahindah Ms said...

True :)

Siti Khadijah said...

thumbs up ^^

E'in said...

sblm nie akak bljr english dr ibu akak.. sbb singaporean kan.. english okay sikit.. haha!

then, akak byk dgr lagu2 boyband.. huhu

♥ aiNa yaZiD ♥ said...

totally agree....! =) Pasal grammar ni, nobody cares yg penting org faham maksud nya pun da ckup. Negara maju Korea Jepun tu pun English diorg terabur jugak.. tp chill je. =)

Erni Hasmiza said...

My English totally suck haha.. *ambik kamus*

Fhatin Amelia said...

Totally agreee! Mel pun kadang2 ada mood nak speaking hihihi at least we're trying

Siqah Hussin said...

Totally agree! Tak suka grammar police walaupun dorang membantu jugak nak betulkan english kita. Tapi biarlah kan. Yang penting orang faham apa yang kita tulis walaupun in broken english and rojak english. Hehe